Through out the year the Practical Permaculture Institute of Kenya offers Permaculture Design Certificates (PDC), which are the premier way to learn permaculture design. During this 72 hour course you’ll be exposed to design, strategies and techniques to collect and store energy and water on your site, increase food production and build community in your bio region. We recommend that anyone alive today take a Permaculture Design Course, if not with us then with another reputable organization.
EVENTS HAPPENING IN THE INSTITUTE
- PDC courses spread across the year.
- Short courses (workshops) in February, April, May, August and December.
The short courses cover areas of great concerns in tropical climates such as:
- Bee keeping.
- Growing trees and gardens for life.
- Creating wealth through business.
- Community empowerment through permaculture school projects among others.
- Volunteer work or activities for both locals and internationals.
- Permaculture community outreach.
- Strategic planning for permaculture school projects.
- Coordinating and implementing practical permaculture activities in other countries of East Africa.
The institute offers beautiful accommodation facilities to participants. All the practical activities are conducted at the institute.
Permaculture schools within the catchment and Balitah Ravens farm 300 meters from the institute.
There are good facilities for those willing to help themselves on this wonderful playground in the nearby school and as well as a good place for drinks/refreshments as shown in the pictures.
Volunteers willing to prepare their own meals can equally be provided with separate hostels on the farm.
Those willing to practice inland fishing will be given an opportunity to use the existing fish ponds at the institute (pictures).
A SCHEDULE FOR THE 2015 PDC’S
JAN: 13th- 26th APRIL, 2015
MAY: 30th- 2th JUNE, 2015
AUGUST: 18th- 30th AUGUST, 2015
NOVEMBER: 16th- 29th NOVEMBER, 2015
- BEE-KEEPING AND MANAGEMENT
7th APRIL – 11th APRIL, 2015
- PERMACULTURE FOR SELF-EMPOWERMENT AND COMMUNITY OUTREACH
4th – 9th MAY, 2015
- SOIL BUILDING/ TROPICAL FOOD FORESTS
14th- 18th JULY, 2015
- GROWING TREES AND GARDENS FOR LIFE
8th – 12th SEPT, 2015